Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back

I'm back on the Big Island and glad to be. I much prefer the weather here as well as the slower pace. For instance, this morning it was 52 degrees when I woke up around 6:00 a.m. It probably got into the low to mid 70's during the day. Very comfortable. I even pulled up the comforter last night. By contrast, Kauai was around 70 in the morning and got to be in the high 80's during the day...and pretty darn humid! Sticky kine. Puttzle doesn't do well in those conditions. I did have a nice visit on Kauai and want to thank my friends there for their hospitality. When all is said and done, I think I will be staying here on the Big Island.

I jumped right back into the yard work thing and spent most of today mowing the lawn, since it hadn't been done since I left and definitely needed it. For now, that is my lot in life, yard work in exchange for a roof over my head. Not a bad deal. Even though it doesn't get terribly hot here, I do have a real nice tan, if I do say so myself. The facial hair, however, has gone bye-bye. I found I spent much too much time pulling and messing with it.

Since I have made up my mind to stay here, I will begin the search for transportation and look for some part-time work to pay for my food and gasoline, which will allow me to go surfing on a more regular basis. I also am going to get a book on building stuff since my sister has some construction work that needs to be done. I will be broadening my horizons, so to speak.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Aloha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

putzle it was good visiting with you, sorry I didn't get a chance to call before you left.still hot and tiny surf.I still plan to come over there the first week of october if all works out . Larster

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tips to remember: hammer to nail, nails away from saw, measure twice-cut once, and hire a professional whenever possible.

3:53 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Thanks, Larster! I hope to see you in October!

And thanks, anonymous, for the building tips. I'll keep them in mind.

5:36 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Niece, I have removed the 'offending' remark, as well as the comments so as to keep the 'dirty laundry' off of here. Aloha.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home