Thursday, August 25, 2005

The small swell that we had here on Kauai disappeared overnight, so no surf yesterday. Not sure about today as it is early still...and raining. After a week of beautiful weather, the rain is kind of welcome. Hopefully it is also raining on the Big Island so the catchment tank can be full when I return next week. I must admit it is nice being able to take a shower here without worrying about conserving water, but you have to take life however it presents itself.

The photos below are of an old high school friends' place here on Kauai. When I last saw his place, I was over here visiting from Maui, probably around 1974 or 1975. The 'house' at that time consisted of about half of what is now the upper part. It was basically a screened in porch. We had to heat up water on a propane stove for bathing, then pour it into a 5 gallon can, set it on the railing, tip it sideways and stand under it. How times have changed! His place is located in a very secluded place and the beach there is magnificent with nobody in sight, just as it was some 30 years ago. To me it's one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen, simply because it is secluded. With a barrier reef that keeps the near shore waters calm, it is an outstanding spot for snorkeling.

Hopefully I will make it to the ocean today and get some waves. Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home