Sunday, September 11, 2005

It just keeps on raining here, we are averaging a half an inch each day this month. The picture of the Heliconia below was taken right here on the property, as have most of the pictures of flowers I have posted on the blog. If the sun ever appears again, there is another ginger that I have not taken a photo of, so that will probably be my next project.

I am just waiting for another unemployment check and then I will go car shopping. Hopefully, that will be in the next few days as I am simply going nuts not getting in the water on a regular basis. One thing is for sure, the car I get will definitely be good on the mileage. I don't know how much gas is where everyone else is, but here it is anywhere from $3.25 to $3.50 for regular. Next week they say it will go up an additional $0.45 at least, unless our Governor changes things. You see, Hawaii is the only state in the nation with a 'gas cap', which went into affect two weeks ago. Supposedly, they take spot prices in Los Angeles, New York, and the Gulf States and come up with some price. With the hurricane, prices have spiked. As a rule, Hawaii ranks at the top of the list for the most expensive. The first week we actually ranked 35th in the country. Now we are number 3. The not so funny thing is that Hawaii gets none of its crude from the gulf area. We get something like 20% from Alaska and the rest from Indonesia. Why they tie the price into mainland prices is beyond me. As we all know, the oil companies are screwing everyone. Don't be surprised when as in the last quarter, they announce record earnings. I guess the only way to make it better is to buy oil company stock and at least share in those record profits.

Hope everyone is well. Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home