Monday, September 05, 2005

It rained last night to the tune of nine tenths of an inch. That puts us at 2.35 inches so far this month. Last month we had 16.35 inches, mostly due to the 7 inch day I mentioned in an earlier post. I would expect a similar number this month, but one never knows, does one?

Slowly, foot by foot, we are getting stuff cleared here on the property. It's a never ending job. Weed whacking six foot high grass and weeds is not easy, especially when some of the stalks on the grass are quite substantial. Every time I see a tractor with a mower attachment, I want to borrow it. We do have a riding mower, but it is limited to cutting grass that is measured in inches, not feet! Oh well, all I can do is 'soldier on'.

I spoke to an old friend of mine who attended Corona del Mar high school with me who just so happens to be Hawaiian. He moved to the Islands many years ago and lives and works on Oahu. He was telling me that he just got a house at Makaha. "The beach is right across the street from my house," he tells me. "I can see the surf from my front porch." Lucky man.

Aloha for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger from4doors said...

hey puttzle! i just read that you went cdm high school. me too. when you graduate? dallas from four doors / hawaiian club so

5:47 AM  
Blogger panaman said...

Puttz,

Seems like you're being hounded by the lurkers too.

Hope the weather brings surf with it.

2:17 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Yes, Panaman, the lurkers have arrived!

Hi Dallas, I didn't know you also went to CDM. I graduated in 1971. You?

7:32 AM  
Blogger from4doors said...

i graduated in '66. too old for my own good now. dallas

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home