Thursday, October 20, 2005

As it turns out, I did not run out of gas in Arby. No, my friends, after putting $20 worth of gas in it, I headed for work yesterday morning. About 2 or 3 miles from my destination, Arby sputtered, hiccupped and backfired to a dead stop. Lucky for me, I was in an area where my cell phone barely worked, but it worked nonetheless. I called my employer who picked me up. He then contacted a friend of his who kindly went to Arby and looked into the problem. Turns out the points were totally shot. As he explained it, that causes the vehicle to eventually overheat and then die. He replaced them for me and I swear Arby ran 10 miles an hour faster than before. I made it home with nary a problem. Of course, I didn't make my Lihue trip. I am going to try again today.

Surfed Rock Quarries again yesterday evening and it was better than the day before, due to the light winds we are having. Chest high with head high sets. Only about 6 guys out and 2 of them were my friends. It made for a nice and mellow session.

I just looked at Wetsand's forecast and they are saying 24-36 foot starting Saturday and then dropping to 17-31 feet Sunday! I will take some photos and post them if it comes to pass. Aloha.

4 Comments:

Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Holy Schnykies! That's some big-ass surf!

7:52 AM  
Blogger TedZSurfer said...

I was gonna say the same thing Whiff.

Hey Puttz, I'm worried about you falling asleep in that container on a hot summer day with the windows all rolled up! Hope it has some good ventilation. Hey, the next time Arby dies maybe you should just park it next to the container and use it as a guest house.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be considered an "out-house?"

1:13 PM  
Blogger Dingo said...

Pictures! We want pictures!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home