Sunday, October 16, 2005

A friend of mine and I hit Hanalei this afternoon, hoping to catch the swell as it arrived. Two problems with that. First, the swell is still not here, at least not consistently. There were some nice head high sets, but they were few and far between. The second problem was that there were about 50 or 60 people. I did get one nice ride, complete with a little tubage, but I also got hopped 3 or 4 times on set waves that I could have made if I didn't get hopped. Then I hit the reef after getting hopped for the last time...by a girl to boot! A little scrape on my arm, a little cut on my knee. Still, warm weather and warm water made it hard to get too upset. I stayed calm, believe it or not.

Big week ahead, I am moving and also have to get into Lihue and Wal-Mart to but a TV and other things. Aloha.

2 Comments:

Blogger kauaienergy said...

When are you going to town? Maybe I can go the same day and we can "do coffee"! I need to get in to Home Depot, probably Thursday.
Hopped by a girl...not unusual here. They are almost worse than the bros!
Aloha,
Alohablue

8:40 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Town will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know there are a lot of female surfers here, but there were only about 3 out yesterday.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home