Monday, October 03, 2005

There are some really 'sucky' people in this world, even here in Hawaii. There was an ad in the Help Wanted section of the paper on Sunday. Direct Call Center, Will Train. OK, I figure maybe it's telemarketing or something like that, but since it was so vague, I called to check it out. The guy schedules me for an "interview", this morning at 10:00. After about 10 minutes, the light bulb goes on and I know it's some kind of MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). The guy talks about 'qualified leads', no cold calling and other such nonsense and then the kicker. This was after a good hour. He wants $1300.00 minumum to get in. $3800 to become a 'Director". I told him I was in absolutely no position to fork over that kind of money. He said I should find a way. I said, "No can do." Why in the world would someone advertise in the Help Wanted section for that kind of thing???? People, especially here in da islands, who are looking for jobs can't afford that kind of money. What the heck did he think I was looking for work for? A-hole!

Surf is supposed to jump up on the south shore Wednesday, if I am not doing anything that day, a friend has invited me to cruise over to the south shore and surf. I don't think I will be doing anything that day. Aloha.

11 Comments:

Blogger DonHo said...

The world is full of these A-holes and that is why it is such a mess. There are better things and better times ahead. Hang loose you're in Da Islands bro....

4:01 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

How true, how true, Mr. Ho!

7:14 AM  
Blogger kauaienergy said...

Hey...that's the island way! Try not to get discouraged...the water is always warm and you can always find surf. Maybe I'll see ya down south side. There are lots of jobs...you will get one, or two like everyone else here! Aloha from Team Leo #1 Rider

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tutu said...

Even a bad day in paradise is good.

9:33 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

As both Alohablue and Tutu have said, it's hard to be that bummed when you live in paradise! If the surf on the northshore would finally arrive, things would be a lot better. Anyday now, please!

Alohablue, I am maybe going to the south side tomorrow afternoon for some waves! Maybe I'll see ya. I'm not sure about the Team Leo comment, I know a guy named Leo (well that's not really his name, it's his nickname), is that the one?

9:53 AM  
Blogger kauaienergy said...

Yeah, that's the one! I just got off the phone with him. We're not missing anything back there. Don't even want to call it home anymore! Surf is suppose to come up today south side! Where are you going?

10:02 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

I think Pakala's. When you speak with Leo, tell him I say hello! Please.

10:38 AM  
Blogger kauaienergy said...

The water may be too red for me! I might just go out at Left,Lefts or the Waiohai. We'll see.
Leo is doing great and I'll tell him hi for you. All good, Alohablue

1:06 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Too red? What's with that? From the recent rains? I haven't surfed the south side since 1971! Maybe we will see each other. Aloha, alohablue!

6:44 AM  
Blogger kauaienergy said...

Yeah, sometimes the water is really red and I don't like to go out! Don't want to see fluffy ya know. Since 1971...have fun, the waves are great and it reminds me a lot of San O. Have a great day. By the way, what kind of job do you want? It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Alohablue

7:19 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Alohablue, my background is in computers. I am looking for any work that involves computers, whether it be office type or tutoring. I also have restaurant experience. If you have a chance, could you email me at the link from the San-O Daze site?

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home