Saturday, December 03, 2005

Now that's more like it! I got up very early and hit the road to Hanalei. When I got there, it was just getting light enough to go out. I sat and watched for about 15 minutes, unimpressed the whole time. However, other people were heading out so I decided to join them, at the very least it's a good workout paddling to the surf spot. When I got out there, I was surprised that the surf was much better than it looked. 2-4 foot with 5 foot sets. I paddled out to a spot called Flat rock and joined about 3 other guys. Everyone else was sitting at the bowl. Next thing I knew, the bigger sets started rolling through right to the 4 of us. It is the best I have surfed Hanalei, from two standpoints. The waves were awesome and I actually surfed well, for a change. Got a couple of tube rides that made my day. As soon as I got out of the water, I walked to the end of the pier and shot a few pictures. It seemed like the surf had gotten worse once I got out. Perfect. After that, I drove over and looked at Middles, it was darn good. I took more pictures. Now it's time for the USC/UCLA football game, which I plan to watch. Aloha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home