Monday, July 24, 2006

As seen in the photo below, I was successful in making the racks work on the car. I'm set, just toss the board on top, strap it on and I'm good to go. I cruised down to Hanalei this morning since there were some small waves yesterday and I hoped there would be some today. It was maybe waist high with 20 people at least. I didn't join them. We are supposed to get a south swell at the end of the week with a possible bigger one to follow early next week.

I am going to Maui for a few days on August 1st, the first time I will have been there since 1983. I expect there to be many changes. I also am hoping that the south swell coincides with my trip and I can get a wave or two since I feel I know the breaks there a lot better than here on Kauai, having grown up a Maui boy in the 60's and 70's.

That's the thing about Maui, you can surf all year long within a 15 mile area, from Lahaina (summer) to Honolua (winter), unlike any of the other Hawaiian Islands, which require much longer distances to achieve year-round waves. I still hold my early years on Maui close to my heart, I was one lucky guy to have been there when I was. Aloha.

7 Comments:

Anonymous panaman said...

Puttzel,
Thanks for posting the pictures. I always enjoy your camera eye. Bicylcle Jim will be on Oahu next week. We got some fun waves this morning. This is the hottest summer I have ever experienced in San Clemente.
Onward and upward

12:52 PM  
Blogger clayfin said...

glad to see you have a reliable rig!

7:58 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Finally!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Dr. Ralph said...

Yes Unt,Ruby looks great with racks.And yes about Maui.

5:14 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Time for a visit yet, Dr.?

5:59 PM  
Blogger Dr. Ralph said...

Yes!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

C'mon down homie.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home