Friday, August 18, 2006

I guess I am experiencing the normal B.S. associated with obtaining housing here on Kaua'i. When we first looked at the place, we wanted to move in Sept. 1st, as we were paid up where we were until then. The guy wanted us to move in Aug. 15th. We were afraid of losing it and agreed and were all set. Then he calls me and says to wait another week because he is having the outside painted. Ok, around the 21st or so, that works. Then yesterday he calls me and says they are painting the inside and could we move Sept. 1st. Doh!

The worst part was that he said he was putting the place on the market and we will have to keep it immaculate and available for viewing whenever a realtor wants to show it. The clean part is not a problem. However, the possibility of people coming over whenever they please is not kosher. Not for the price he wants. I am going to tell him we will pay $300 less than originally agreed or he can find some other suckers. When we agreed previously on a price, there was no mention of it being put on the market. There are other options fortunately, one of them is a condo that I think features a pool, and that is appealing. I think I am over container living in a big way!

That darn chicken Gertrude is such a whore! She has weaned the chicks and is out messing around with the rooster again. Aloha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kato said...

Have you looked into being a caretaker on a big estate or house sitting for snowbirds?

6:27 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

I've looked a bit into that. I also talk to people at the bar, it's one of the first things I ask when they tell me they are part-timers who own a place. Invariably they mention their caretaker. One of these days I may find the right ones...

9:08 AM  
Blogger kauaienergy said...

Local landlord???? I think you should go for the condo--

10:30 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

We are leaning that way...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home