Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Knee Update

I visited the Doctor this afternoon. I have to tell you that my knee was feeling pretty good, and I was beginning to think I should cancel my appointment. The Doctor checked the knee and reassured me that there was no ligament damage and that the knee was sound. He said I may have a very small tear in the ligament. The best thing to do is ice it and stay away from the surf, at least for a few weeks. We'll see if I can do that. He prescribed some antibiotics and wants me on them for a month! That seems kind of strange when I think about it.

I'll try to stay out of the water, but if there is a good right handed wave with very few people out, I'll chance it. I do know that going in that direction doesn't subject my knee to the same forces as if I was going on a left (backside to the wave). I can squat fine, it's when I extend me lower leg when going backside that all the pain occurs.

This could actually be a good thing for any of you who want photos of the surf, as I am more apt to shoot pictures than risk my knee for a while. Aloha.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mother knows best said...

Listen to your MD. That's what you paid him for. Once your rested, you'll be rippen the surf up, not yourself.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Surfsister said...

Glad to hear the good news.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home