Saturday, September 02, 2006

Right Back

Looks like we have connection! I had to move my computer from one side of my room to the other to get it to work, but work it do! Free internet, for the time being anyway.

Yesterday was a tough day for moi. It's been very humid the last couple of days. I got moving stuff around 7:30 in the morning and continued for a couple of hours then went off to work. At work, we were a server short, which meant I would have to be more maniacal than normal. Keep in mind it is very humid. I drank glasses and glasses of water, because last time it was like this, I got dehydrated and suffered for a few days.

Of course it was busy. The dishwasher was messed up and refused to retain water, so I had to stand there and hold the FILL button while it ran. I had to bus all the tables, run the charges, make change and tend bar. Oh, and I had to answer the phone, which always rings at the wrong time.

By the end of the shift, my shirt was soaked. SOAKED! Even though I must have drank a gallon of water, I started to cramp up. I went and got some PowerAid. Didn't help. This morning I was still cramping. Some Gatorade. More water. Work again. Not so busy this time. I drank more water. I still feel like crap. I'm going for some more Gatorade or PowerAid. I hate the high humidity! Pictures tomorrow maybe. Aloha.

5 Comments:

Blogger panaman said...

Look into salt tablets for retaining water. That may help.

11:00 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Won't I get bloated? :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger panaman said...

Only in all the right places. Good health to you.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Dr. Ralph said...

Excessive water intake can dilute levels of sodium in the blood.Become regimented with your water intake. Try saltine crackers.

10:07 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Spoken like a true doctor, Dr. Ralph!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home