Saturday, September 16, 2006

What surf?

I drove to Hanalei this morning, hoping that I would find some surf to either go out in, or take some pictures of. Not happening. A friend of mine told me that it was pretty nice yesterday morning, but I was on the other side at Pakalas. By the time I looked at Hanalei around 2:30 in the afternoon, it was junkie as seen in yesterday's pictures.

This morning, it is even smaller than yesterday, the call is probably Pakalas again, but I must work the lunch shift, so that puts the brakes on that idea. I'll call my friend who is staying on that side and ask him how it is/was. I think I may make another trip over there Tuesday or Wednesday as the south swell is supposed to linger. Aloha.

2 Comments:

Anonymous kamuela maikai said...

you must drive a small car. thats alot of miles back and forth.

2:04 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

1995 Buick Skylark, 6 cyl. gets about 23 mpg. About 94 miles round trip, once a week I can handle. Good thing I live on the north shore for winter.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home