Sunday, October 08, 2006

I now see there is a problem with 'borrowing' somebody else's internet signal. While occasionally the signal would come and go, for the last three days it's been pretty much unusable. I attribute that to the weather as the wind direction has been variable during that time. For whatever reason, this morning it is back to 'normal'.

I surfed Hanalei Friday morning, there was a slight bump swell wise, about 2-3 foot with 4 foot sets, or waist to neck high with overhead sets. Only about 10 people out as I got in the water at dawn. I got in about an hour's worth of surfing. I surfed twice in a three day span, it's been probably 6 months or more since I went out that often. I must keep it up. Aloha.

8 Comments:

Anonymous taxpayer and internet subscriber said...

Is getting an inconsistant signal the only problem you've found with "borrowing" someone elses signal? Keep that in mind the next time you comment on legal and ethical issues.

7:40 AM  
Blogger DonHo said...

Hey taxpayer and internet subscriber:
Bite me and eat sh*t the next time you comment on legal and ethical issues.

12:10 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Ho to da rescue!

If someone's not going to lock down their signal, then I will use it. That simple. I won't attempt to hack into their machine.

Thanks for paying your bill on time.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, if someone left their front door unlocked, you'd enter and make yourself at home...

1:34 PM  
Anonymous allgood said...

I personally leave my router open so that my neighbors can benefit from it (I take other means to protect against dubious hacking). I'll close it whenever I notive a slowdown, which hasn't happened for years. So it may be that putz's neighbor is also a believer in "sharing the network". But it couldn't hurt to ask and maybe split the bill. Nevertheless, in this day an age, when a network is unprotected it almost always means that it's there to be shared. I am personally happy to provide a network and free riding hasn't impact me so far.

10:04 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

I as well, when I had my own connection, shared it with my neighbors.

I would be more than willing to 'share the cost' if I figure out just who's network I am on. You see, I get signals from about 4 of them, 2 are locked-down, and 2 are not.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sharing" implies that both parties mutually agree upon common usage. Randomly stalking frequencies without consent of the owner is piracy. It falls way short of brotherly love or communal spirit. The excuse of not being able to locate the owner for reimbursement is lame. Getting a free ride at someone else's expense is not the aloha spirit.

7:15 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

I appreciate your opinion. Thanks for playing.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home