Sunday, May 13, 2007

Aloha Kaua'i

I have alluded to changes coming for me in the past few months. They have begun in earnest. I no longer reside in Hawaii, I have returned to Southern California, where hopefully I will find more lucrative money-making opportunities.

Why the move, you may ask? There were many reasons, ranging from $$$ to politics and what I consider an ridiculous tax structure in da islands. Hawaii withholds more from paychecks than the federal government! I view it as becoming more and more of a welfare state. I met many people living off of welfare and food stamps than I could believe, and they have no desire to work or better themselves. The roads are atrocious, they just keep building more and more condos and hotels and are not concerned with traffic, from what I could tell. The cops are corrupt. The politicians are corrupt. The locals keep electing the same fools who keep screwing them. It's a plantation mentality.

Hawaii has the lowest unemployed rate in the nation, but a overwhelming amount of those jobs are minimum wage service industry jobs. You need to work two or three jobs to make a decent living and what time does that leave for enjoying the swiftly disappearing beauty? Not much. The place is going downhill fast if you ask me. Maybe that's because I remember what it used to be like 30 years ago when I lived there previously for close to 15 years.

Anywho, I left Kaua'i Tuesday for good. Whether I continue this blog is undecided, I am leaning towards starting a new one, which I will let everyone who visits here know about when I get it up and running. So for the last time here, Aloha.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey michael it is dana, have enjoed keeping up with you through your blog please let me know when you start a new one and hope you are happier back in socal. keep in touch. labsaloha@verizon.net

5:08 PM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Will do!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Surfsister said...

I'm glad you're back, Puttz. I hope to see you at San O soon (as in next month).

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Sheriff Bob said...

Puttzle, good to have you back. You're not alone in your reaction to Hawaii after a long term stint. I sort of envy you though - taking the opportunity to live in paradise - getting to know it well enough to make a decision based on experience that it's just not the place for you to stay permanently. Short trips back just to visit are much easier and more hassle-free. See you when you get back from AZ.

12:17 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Thanks all!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Whiffleboy said...

Welcome back, Puttzle. It's not difficult to see how all that beauty could be offset with such a depressing outlook.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous lead foot said...

so doe`s this mean san-o speeders
will be back

7:24 AM  
Blogger puttzle said...

Maybe...

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home